Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Naked and Not Ashamed


One of my favorite verses of the Bible has always been Genesis 2:25

“The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame” (NIV).

It is not because I am a perverse person.  I just enjoy the raw freedom and innocence that this verse projects.  It is a description of vulnerability that we do not always possess in our crazy desensitized world.  It is an image of freedom.  Let’s face it, there is something freeing about running around your house naked.  However, this freedom goes deeper than this.  It is a freedom from sin.  It is the joy of living in a perfect world.

Well, clearly, we do not live in this sinless perfect world anymore.  However, I choose to title my blog “Naked and Not Ashamed” to remind myself of that perfect moment prior to sin of sheer joy and freedom for both men and women.  It is also my hope that I can convey true vulnerability to you, that we can all learn just a little bit more about God, and together we can embrace the freedom we find in him.  So go ahead, keep reading, because I am not afraid of who God made me to be, the thoughts and experiences He gives me, and my ability to share them with you here…

naked and not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment